Annuity.org is a structured settlement buyer that claim to be the best in structured settlements purchase industry. They are a company that buys structured settlement and annuities who instead of receiving payments monthly over an extended period, would rather receive a lump sum of money. They also claim to offer you the best prices you could imagine for your annuity and also boast of a very simple process. The company Annuity.org is an LLC based outside Orlando, Florida.
How they work
They buy future payments of pensions, structured settlements, and annuities. According to them, they promise to turn your future payments into cash to help you cover your urgent needs whether it’s buying a house or paying huge bills. So, therefore, they specialize in the following future payment types:
- Annuities: They can get all your money for you now, no matter how your annuity is paid, either monthly or in a lump sum.
- Structured Settlements: Annuity.org can turn any legal statement you part of, be it worker’s compensation claim or personal injury claim etc. which are monthly payments into a lump sum payout.
- Pensions: If your pension payments are not covering enough when it comes to expenses, they can as well turn it into a one-time payout.
Annuity.org also hastens the process of selling by:
- Offering cash advances in the range of $500-$1000 to their clients depending on how high the transfer proposal is.
- They provide free quotes to help customers decide
- They also claim to provide financial advice to their clients to decide on how the cash they get will be spent.
Is Annuity.org a Scam?
Well, it all comes down to this. There are no reasons to believe they are a scam, but here are some rather controversial points on the company.
Firstly, the company is not registered with the BBB (Better Business Bureau). BBB is a body that represents the consumers and ensures that businesses service their customers well.
Secondly, the company has been found out to be a front for another company called QLS Funding, a company based outside Delray Beach in Florida. When you contact their phone, their answering service gives out details about exactly what QLS Funding has on their About Us page.
Thirdly, Annuity.org claims to have partners (QLS Funding) that are experienced and has been in business for over two decades. They also claim that their partners have purchased payments of over $1 billion in that time. But actually, there are no online reviews about Annuity.org and their supposed experienced Partners. This is odd for a company that has been in business for that long and has purchased over $1 billion in future payments.
Finally, their website’s URL was registered first around 2011 which means they might be newcomers to the industry.
With these interesting findings, and with a very stiff competition between companies that purchase of future payments, settling with a company that is more established and whose information adds up is a better bet. The fact that there are no online reviews about their business speaks volumes.